Shaxpir Feature Ideas

1. Macro Integration

In word a user can set up macros for words used over and over again to help in editing and mid-drafting. These are great but no other drafting software offers this. It would be amazing if something like that could be added to Shaxpir. Basically the ability to search and highlight a group of words in order to cut/edit that isn't a ctl+F that only does one at a time.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to flag chapter/scenes by character POV, action, subplot etc.

I would like to be able to see at a glance which character's POV each chapter is and things like whether it is primarily an action chapter or background or character building etc. Maybe themes and or subplot. If it is at a glance via color or symbol or something, I could see if I was getting too many of the same type of chapters bunched together, things like that. Being able to easily pick which chapter's are a character's POV is also important. Seeing the overall flow is, too.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Principal Image Toggle

I really like the idea of having multiple images available in the Connections screen, but the principal image appears to be fixed. Suppose I have three characters in the scene/chapter I'm currently writing, and I'd like to feature in the large image pane each character as I write about them.

It'd be nice if I could mouse-over or right-click a different image to give it some prominence.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improvement - Ability to resize workspace

Now that I've discovered the indenting of story elements, the need to be able to resize the workspace has become evident. Some scene titles are necessarily longer, and the more that indention takes place (to further refine the story), the more that they disappear under the document body writing space.

I would like to able to make my work space larger, so that I can see all levels (and titles) of my document, which will make my workflow faster.

I see no ability to attach a screenshot here, so I hope the explanation is good enough.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Comments - Will they be checked/cleared prior to printing?

If I've posted reminder comments for myself such as "Rewrite this paragraph", or "check the published depth of nuclear submarines", and I happen to forget to clear those comments, or forget to perform the particular task, will I be warned that some comments are still pending when I go to print my document?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. password

Store passwords locally. I was trying to write on the plane, but couldn't log into my account because it needed internet to verify my password.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)