What features would you like to see added to Shaxpir?

Toolbar Should Show Current Sync Status

Shaxpir continuously saves everything you write on your local hard drive. Then in the background, it periodically synchronizes those changes to the cloud. When you're offline, everything is saved to disk, but the background process waits until you have an internet connection before the next sync.

Right now, it's impossible for a user to see the synchronization status, or to know how when the most recent sync occurred.

A simple toolbar icon could show the user the current sync status, and a user hovering over that icon could see the amount of time elapsed since the last successful sync.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminBenji Smith (Founder, Shaxpir) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminBenji Smith (Founder, Shaxpir) responded  · 

This feature was completed in Shaxpir 4.0 and released on March 14, 2017. The main toolbar now contains a “Sync Status” button which shows a popover bubble with information about the current data-synchronization status.

Enjoy!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sync status (and syncing in general) is a particularly important function for anyone who uses more than one computer (I'm guilty). I've experienced two instance so far of a failure of Shaxpir to properly sync content between my computers (I actually use 3 different computers). Since there is no way to check sync status, I can't determine if this is because I didn't allow time for backups to take place, or didn't allow time for loading of backed up content. I've tried to recreate the problem and have been able to make it happen at will, but as I said it has happened now twice, and I've back-leveled content in both cases. Bottom line: some method for checking syncing/backup would be a valuable addition. Thanks for considering.

Feedback and Knowledge Base