What features would you like to see added to Shaxpir?

Import Microsoft Word documents

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminBenji Smith (Founder, Shaxpir) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So far just copy paste, chapter by chapter. If there were a way to incorporate Styles markup from Word in an import, it would take the pain out. Especially without a mobile version.

• Ron Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a large word doc that I would like to download into Shaxpir. How do I do that.

Thank You

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have book one complete and the second one 3/4 complete in a series of four. How do I down load to Shaxpir

How does one import a word document into Shaxpir?
    After that, how do I separate the chapters?
    Is there a tutorial on functions and how to best work within this program?

Thanks you,
    New User - John

Scrivener has a great feature that allows you to import Word documents into Scrivener in a way that keeps chapters separate.

• Sandra Colby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I attempted to paste and copy a Word document into Shaxpir, however, the type is so small I cannot read it. I am not able to make the type bigger. What did I do wrong?

• Duncan Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

import of any kind would be tremendously useful, if only for testing. I'm currently using Scrivener, and not being able to copy projects from there into here makes testing the cool features with existing text onerous.

• Breeann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It seems strange that there would be an export feature without an import feature as well. I love Shaxpir so far, but I'm definitely not looking forward to having to copy and paste each chapter of my 60.000 word novel into Shaxpir one at a time. :(

• Joel Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. My current manuscript is in MS Word with a specific header style at the start of each chapter. Some tool to get them all in cleanly would be jazzy cool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base