What features would you like to see added to Shaxpir?

Import Microsoft Word documents

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminBenji Smith (Founder, Shaxpir) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scrivener has a great feature that allows you to import Word documents into Scrivener in a way that keeps chapters separate.

• Sandra Colby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I attempted to paste and copy a Word document into Shaxpir, however, the type is so small I cannot read it. I am not able to make the type bigger. What did I do wrong?

• Duncan Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

import of any kind would be tremendously useful, if only for testing. I'm currently using Scrivener, and not being able to copy projects from there into here makes testing the cool features with existing text onerous.

• Breeann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It seems strange that there would be an export feature without an import feature as well. I love Shaxpir so far, but I'm definitely not looking forward to having to copy and paste each chapter of my 60.000 word novel into Shaxpir one at a time. :(

• Joel Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. My current manuscript is in MS Word with a specific header style at the start of each chapter. Some tool to get them all in cleanly would be jazzy cool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base