Shaxpir Feature Ideas

1. Footnotes

The ability to create something along the lines of footnotes would be useful. I have read enough to know I am hardly the only fiction writer that uses footnotes on occasion.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to colaborate

I do most of my work in collaboration with others. This is a great program, but it does me almost no good if I can't share it with someone even if they also have Shaxpir.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom formatting styles

I like creating quick styles I can easily apply to all of my documents. Scene breaks, internal monologue, LitRPG elements like stats, "music" when characters sing, etc. It would be nice to create a library of these and easily apply them alongside "paragraph" and "heading 1".

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integration with Grammarly

While I'm all for you improving your existing spelling and grammar check, I'd love to have the option to integrate with my existing grammarly account so I get the manuscript grammar checking I'm used to, so it already incorporates my grammarly custom dictionary, and so that I grammarly does it's wonderful tracking!

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. MS Word Export with copyright/title/pagination footer (or header)

My writers' group asks us to make sure our name, title and page numbers appear on each page. Many of us are writing for paid publication, so we put a copyright notice on each page too. Currently I post-process my Shaxpir MS Word export to include such a footer. It would be convenient if Shaxpir would do the processing for me, though.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Docx export not working.

I can export my novel to html (I am using the free edition) and it will show it exporting to docx, but I only get the title and a table of contents that has only "summary" in it. There is only 3 pages exported of a novel that is almost 14000 words

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. a way to reset word counts

I imported some older work from another writing program and it shows 96K words written for that day. is there a way to reset that so it doesn't show that huge one time import?

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Page Previews depending on format

Page previews depending on formats (epub, docx, etc)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I find this is not working for me.

I have used Final Draft, Very intuitive. I have user Scrivner, steeper learning curve, but ample how-to videos that make any task doable, I have used a number of writer tools and I have found they are not better than a basic word processor. Yours has possibilities, but I need better import export capabilities, more feature that I can use. (grammar assist, story-specify dictionary, etc) As is, I will continue the beta test, but would not pay $7.99 PER MONTH.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The delete does not delete

I open the chapter and selected the trash can, and am asked: Are you sure you want to delete the chapter named but there is no yes/no option next to the question. You have to scroll to the end???

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why is this so slow?

tour click on manuscripts and it takes forever to load

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Undo Button

I think you need an undo button, unless you already have one and I just can't find it. It is great that work is regularly saved, but sometime I make a mistake and erase something or change something that I just want to immediately undo.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. way to not count notes or character profiles in total word count

I would like a way to not count the words in notes or character profiles so that there is a more accurate count for the words in the book. Other programs have this feature and it is nice to know what is actually in your manuscript, and not just disjointed ideas for the story

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. User manual ?

Eventhough Shaxpir's seems pretty straight forward, is there or do you plan to issue a user manual soon ? Just to leverage each functionality the correct way. Many thanks in advance for your reply.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Google OS

Shaxpir available on the Google OS

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Panes... We need at least two panes so that we can have another chapter/scene, research, or ? open while we work on another scene

Panes/windows... We need at least two panes so that we can have another chapter/scene, research, or ? pane/window open while we work on another scene

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prologue/Interlude/Epilogue Classifications & Better Table of Contents Support

There are no dedicated object types for prologues, interludes, and epilogues within Shaxpir. As a result, they must either be classified as chapters (messes up the chapter numbering in the table of contents), scenes (doesn't feel right), or front-matter or back-matter (not really what those classifications are used for).

As a result, if you want to export a table of contents you have to intentionally mis-classify these entries in order for them to show up properly in the contents while not affecting chapters.

On a related note, I've found that chapter export options don't always work. On more than one…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shaxpir Authors & Books Count

Right now there isn't much of a collaborative Shaxpir community. I don't know who else uses the software, what their preferring writing genres are, how many books they've written/published, etc... I suppose one day there may be a forum for all of us to get together, but in the meantime I thought it would be cool for the Shaxpir logon process to include [A] the number of users actually using the software, and [B] the number of projects (books) currently stored in the Shaxpir cloud.

Why, do you ask? Because this would be a reminder to everyone logging on that…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Proper Search Function

Shaxpir's current search function isn't practical. Yes, you can search and it's pretty cool the way the app highlights the search results inside the document, but you still have to scroll through page after page of material in order to (hopefully) spot the highlighted content.

I've never seen a search that works this way before. Most documents allow you to jump directly to the matching values, but here you don't know [A] if there are any matching values, [B] how many there are, or [C] where in the document they're located.

On a side note, it would be nice to…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Shaxpir Feature Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base